Broadcast Control Operator
|WCBI-TV seeks a part-time Broadcast Control Operator
- Ensure on-air quality of multiple program streams
- Verify and document transmitter operation
- Import media (.mpg files, DVDs, DVCs, etc.) for playout
- Operate video switcher and router
- Detailed documenting of on-air irregularities in Discrepancy Report
- Ability to work any shift, any day (no more than 24hrs/wk)
- Fill in any shift, as necessary
- High school diploma required
- Previous TV experience or education a plus (training will be provided)
- Effective establishment and execution of work priorities
- Relay written and verbal information clearly and concisely
- Work independently and as part of a team inside and outside of department
- Follow procedures and suggest ideas for better operation
- Attention to detail
|To apply, submit resume to:
- Chief Engineer WCBI-TV PO Box 271 Columbus, MS 39703 email@example.com
|WCBI-TV is seeking a part-time Production Assistant for the morning shift who must be available to work 3:30am – 1pm weekdays and weekends. Duties include operation of studio cameras, teleprompter, copy and all other station and production equipment; upkeep of the studio; and basic video editing using Adobe Premier. Responsibilities also include completing other projects as assigned by the News Director, Promotions Director, Website Director and News Production Manager. A successful candidate must be computer literate, excellent typing skills a must/preferred, be able to make good decisions under pressure and have good oral and written communication skills. Experience in television production and editing video is helpful. Training will also be provided.
|To apply, submit resume and cover letter to:
- WCBI – TV c/o Production Manager P.O. Box 271 Columbus, MS 39703 firstname.lastname@example.org
|WCBI-TV is looking for a Morning News Anchor/Reporter. You must be able to offer producing help, and be able to produce newscasts when necessary. You should have sound news judgment and writing skills, as you will be asked to proof copy. Being able to shoot and edit video on non-linear equipment is a huge plus. Must be a verifiable team player. Candidate will also be responsible for coordinating guest and special segments for the show
No phone calls, PERIOD
- Send resume link to email@example.com
General Assignment Reporter
|WCBI-TV has an immediate opening for a General Assignment Reporter/Videographer.
Education: Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field if you have no experience.
- Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field if you have no experience.
- Experience in television news preferred.
- It would be helpful if you are familiar with ENPS.
| Qualifications Requirements:
- Shoot and edit using non-linear cameras and editors.
- Provide story ideas during editorial meetings
- Be proficient in all platforms, including web entries and social media.
- Manage time effectively to meet daily deadlines.
- A strong sense of creative input’s a must.
- Able to work closely with sales and production.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Must have a valid driver license and good driving record.
- Communicate with co-workers.
- Be courteous.
- Be respectful of station property and the property of co-workers.
- Keep work area organized.
- Attend station meetings that encourage career advancements/communication (consultant visits, staff meetings, etc.)
|To apply, We prefer links to your work, but will accept DVDs to the address below along with a cover letter and resume to:
- Robert Davidson News Director firstname.lastname@example.org WCBI TV PO BOX 271 Columbus, MS 39703
|WCBI-TV is looking for a full-time website director who will be administratively responsible for all aspects of programming, design, implementation, organization and identity of the WCBI owned websites. The website director must work along side the general manager, sales manager, news director and promotions director in the development of the website including content creation, support ad sales efforts, on-line partnership building and ensure success of the organization as a whole. The right person will have good communication skills, email etiquette, know how to prioritize and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Must have proficient knowledge of design, layout and typography.
- Proficient in working with WordPress content management system.
- Proficient in PhotoShop and optimizing images for web.
- Have a basic knowledge of video file types and file compression.
- Assist in managing social media such as Facebook and Twitter as well as integration with the website.
- Set-up web ad campaigns for WCBI websites and manage orders through DoubleClick.
- Set-up and manage pre-roll video ad campaigns through LiveRail.
- Design web ads as needed in support of the sales department.
- Assist promotions department with contest admin and integration with the website.
- Manage the interactive media units and web video ad content.
- Manage and administer WCBI’s AdWords and AdSense campaigns.
- Instruct news production on the use of video editing applications for the website.
- Be the point person for communication and assistance with hosting companies.
- Monitor WCBI’s overall position in the Internet market, including company information on third-party sites, referral sites, search engine rank and Internet rank.
- Be available to work, at best, anytime of the day – outside the regular work hours of 8am – 5pm – to assist with website issues.
- Be aware of emerging technologies and applications that could be implemented into the company strategy and benefit growth.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design beyond basics.
- Knowledge of applications such as Illustrator to create vector art; InDesign to build multi-page publications; Flash to design animated and/or interactive web ads.
- An understanding of SEO.
- Know how to interpret website analytics.
- Bachelor degree in Fine Arts, Arts or Science or related field; or, equivalent experience.
|To apply, submit resume and cover letter to:
- WCBI – TV c/o General Manager P.O. Box 271 Columbus, MS 39703 email@example.com
|It is the policy of Morris Network (WCBI-TV, LLC) that employment shall be based on merit, qualification, and competence. Employment practice shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or an employee’s race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, or disability. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. WCBI-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.