0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun uTdXDtw9]

Fire

AMORY, Miss. (WCBI) – A house fire Sunday afternoon claims the life of an Amory woman.

The call came in around 4:00p.m. of a house on fire.

When Amory firefighters arrived the home on 501 3rd Street North was fully engulfed in flames. The elderly resident was unable to exit the home. When firefighters entered the residence, they found 75-year-old Martha Guyton unresponsive.

Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley says Guyton died of smoke inhalation.

Authorities believe the fire started in the front of the home. Guyton was found in a back bedroom sitting on a love seat at the foot of her bed. She lived alone with her two dogs.

Amory Fire Chief Jimmy Bost says the fire started in the front of the home at an electrical outlet where several extension cords were plugged in. Firefighters think she may have fled to the bedroom to try to escape the fire.

The home had no smoke detectors.

Comment on this Story

Related News

1475351052-bbdab2c47f89cd20bb25c62804aed584a67c591d
22 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Foreign Hackers Targeted US Election Systems In At Least 20 States
Read More»
1475344190-baa5bc9b5618416dd202da5752902016f9c467c1
23 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Why MLB TV Ratings Aren't As Bad As You Think
Read More»
news-default1-old
33 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Gradually warming this week
Read More»