0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun ovV1DMaf]

Oktibbeha County, Miss. (WCBI) – An elderly Oktibbeha County woman was rescued by volunteer firefighters Friday evening.

East Oktibbeha Firefighters say the blaze occurred at a Blackjack Road home, just after 5 PM.

The blaze started on the stove and destroyed the kitchen.

The woman was trapped in a bedroom and trying to escape when crews arrived on the scene.

“They saw her hanging out the back window of the house and four of them (firefighters) got her out and got her to safety, and checked her over and made sure she was okay,” said East Oktibbeha Fire Chief Greg Ball.

The woman was not injured and was home alone when the fire started.

Comment on this Story

Related News

10205176 - world news concept. abstract world map made from world news words. vector.
22 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Skydiver Luke Aikins makes parachute-free jump
Read More»
10205176 - world news concept. abstract world map made from world news words. vector.
43 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
FAA was warned of potential high-fatality balloon accidents
Read More»
9e120c798db04720b66fbdddbafa43cc-1
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
Protest Security
Read More»