MUW Campus Recreation Open House
Date(s) - 01/14/2013
5:30 pm-7:30 pm
Mississippi University for Women
COLUMBUS, Miss. – Dynamic Duo, Ballet Barre and Run Coach are new classes that have been added to Mississippi University for Women’s Campus Recreation fitness lineup, and on Monday, Jan. 14, the campus community and the public will be given the opportunity to preview these classes and more.
The Campus Recreation Open House will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Stark Recreation Center.
Lindsey Shelnut, director of Campus Recreation, said, “This is an open event for individuals of MUW and the Columbus community to tour the facilities, speak with staff about services and programs for the semester and preview upcoming classes for the semester.”
Trainers and wellness staff members will be on-hand to answer questions and provide strength and conditioning room orientations.
New classes this spring include Dynamic Duo, an intermediate workout inspired by “Insanity;” Ballet Barre, a class designed to develop strength, flexibility, and discipline while learning ballet technique and choreography; and Run Coach, a new way to receive personalized coaching and training advice to take your run to the next level. Stark Recreation Center also includes an indoor walking track, pool, basketball/volleyball courts, strength and conditioning room and racquetball court.
RecFitness preview schedule:
- 5:30 – 6 p.m. Dynamic Duo in the studio, instructors Will Walker and Dustin Vance
- 6 – 6:30 p.m. Zumba in the studio, instructors Krista Green, Bonnie Partridge, Ayla Bass, Kaitlyn Gary and Erin Boozer
- 6:30 – 7 p.m. Bodyworks in the studio, instructor Vikki Sears
- 6:30 – 7 p.m. Cycle in the atrium, instructor Sam Iliff
- 7 – 7:15 p.m. Ballet Barre in the studio, instructor Karen Thead
- 7:15 – 7:30 p.m. Yoga in the studio, instructor Lindsey Nicholson or Marion McEwen
Shelnut said for the month of January, Stark Recreation Center will be offering a free month of membership with the purchase of an annual membership.
For more information, contact Stark Recreation Center at (662) 241-7494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.