2012 Bridal Showcase
Presented by WCBI and The Columbus Downtown Association
Saturday, January 21st
at The Trotter Convention Center ~ Columbus, MS
Show 1 ~ Doors open at 9am | Fashion show at 10am
Show 2 ~ Doors open at 1pm | Fashion show at 2pm
Tickets are $10
Available for purchase at the door
The Bridal Showcase features a Fashion Show with gowns and wedding styles provided by the areas fashion experts. There will be many exibitors on hand to answer your questions as well as provide great door prizes! Let WCBI help you plan the wedding of your dreams.
Tips for Attending Bridal Shows
By: Kathy T.
For some people, planning of a wedding is a complicated and daunting process but it doesn't have to be. One way to help simplify the wedding planning process is to attend a bridal show. Attending bridal shows is one of the best ways to get ideas and locate vendors for your wedding because they put you in touch with a variety of potential vendors under one roof, allowing you to compare products, services and prices. Florists, photographers, decorators, caterers, bridal salons and more are available to you to offer their services and expert advice. Another advantage of attending bridal shows is that many vendors offer "show only" discounts or special prices for a limited time. There are several things to do and not to do when it comes to bridal show shopping. These tips are designed to help you save time and money by making the most of the bridal show "one-stop shopping" opportunity.
- Tickets. Admission is $10 at the door.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes. A show can last several hours, so dress comfortably and a wear great-fitting pair of shoes. You WILL be doing a lot of walking!
- Return Address Labels. Bring address labels to use when signing up for vendor mailing lists or prizes. Use the stickers rather than filling out the entry forms.
- Pick up a wedding planner. Most bridal shows offer a variety of wedding books and planners. Keep the planner in hand for reference and recording notes on the vendors as you make your way through the show.
- Get organized. Make a list of vendors you still need beforehand. Once you arrive at the show, visit those vendors first.
- Ask Questions. Bring a list of questions to ask the bridal vendors. They are there to help you. Be sure to take note of any price quotes or tips they may have to offer.
- Act decisively. An advantage of attending bridal shows is that many vendors offer "show only" discounts or special prices for a limited time. Bring your checkbook, you may want to book a service or give a deposit to hold a date.
- Don't wait. Don't wait any longer than two or three days following the show to sort through and organize all vendor materials accumulated from the event. Nothing is worse than assuming you can take your time and discovering what you want is no longer available because you procrastinated. Many vendors become completely booked within two weeks following the show, so make contact as soon as possible.
Article source: www.articledashboard.com
Photos from the WCBI 2011 Bridal Showcase ~ Summer Edition
Be an Exhibitor in the 2012 Bridal Showcase
To become one, call your WCBI account executive, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662.245.0103.
- 8 x 10 booth
- Named in promotional on-air ad
- Name mentioned at show
- Complete bride mailing list
- 1/4 page ad in bridal magazine
- 2 door prizes valued at $25 + each
- Cost of participation (speak to WCBI account executive, call 662.327.4444)
- Same as Option 1
- Minimum of six changes in fashion show (maximum is determined by the number of participants)