STARKVILLE, Miss. (WCBI)- A small fire inside Starkville’s Church of Christ won’t stop them from taking part in MSU Homecoming activities.
Oktibbeha County firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at the Church of Christ on East Lee Boulevard around 2:00 Friday morning.
Fire services coordinator Kirk Rosenhan tells WCBI it appears to be an electrical fire involving wiring near the kitchen’s microwave.
Authorities quickly put out the blaze and other than the kitchen, the church is fine.
Church leaders have several youth coming into town for MSU’s homecoming game.
“We actually have over 300 teenagers coming in from several states for a program this weekend that we call discover youth rally and we’ll actually have to use these facilities so we’re in rapid clean up mode,” said Church leader Dean Stewart.
Leaders also say they’re expecting volunteers to help clean up the kitchen.