1 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun 2OY11nQp]

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) — A smoke alarm helps save a columbus mother and her two daughters from an early morning fire.

The alarm woke Shelly Gore up shortly after 4 Friday morning at her home at 2306 Fifth Ave. N. She got her 9- and 11-year-old daughters up and out the back door of the house while the fire spread through a bedroom and hallway.

Firefighters say the blaze started near a heating outlet in a bedroom. The home was heavily damaged and the family lost everything.

Anyone wishing to help the family should contact the Lowndes County chapter of the American Red Cross.

Comment on this Story

  • sallie elston

    how can i contact shelly gore?

Related News