Maben Issues Boil Water Alert
MABEN, Miss. (WCBI) — The Town of Maben has issued a Boil Water Alert for customers who receive their drinking water from the the city water supply. Water system officials notified the Mississippi State Department of Health of a system-wide pressure loss due to a line break or breaks.
When the system loses pressure, contaminants can siphon back into the water. Health officials recommend all water be boiled vigorously for at least one minute before consumption. The water system will be notified when tests show that the water is safe to drink.
Checklist for Safe Water Use:
- Drink tap water while the system is under the advisory
- Drink from water fountains in parks, or public or private buildings that receive their water form the affected supplier
- Use ice, unless it was made from boiled water.
- Use tap water to make drinks, juices, or fountain soft drinks
- Wash your dishes in boiled water or use paper plates
- Wash your fruits and vegetables with boiled or bottled water
- Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed
- Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water
- Cook with tap water if the food will be boiled for at least one minute.
Swimming in properly chlorinated pools is safe. Fish in aquariums are not affected.