Simpson Fire Destroys Home
SIMPSON, Miss. (WCBI) – A Sunday morning fire in Choctaw County leaves one woman thankful to be alive.
Simpson Volunteer Fire Department got the call just after 11:00a.m. of a mobile home completely engulfed in flames. Fire units responded to 8279 Stewart-Weir Road and had the blaze under control with in 30 minutes.
Volunteer Fire Chief Smith Raburn says, an elderly woman and her son were the only ones homes at the time the fire started. The woman is bedbound and had to pulled to safety but thanks to her son none was injured. Firefighters say the blaze started in electrical box inside a closet.
Weir and Union Volunteer Fire Departments also assisted in the call.