0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun uKE6SRva]

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) — A quick trip to a neighbor’s for milk leads to a destructive fire.

Columbus firefighters say Angela Erby at 819 Waterworks Road was cooking this morning when she left the home to walk next door to get some milk.

When she returned, the kitchen was on fire. Erby tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher, but it got out of control and spread to the home’s attic.

It took 10 firefighters from three engine companies about two hours to make sure the fire was completely out.

Erby wasn’t injured but a pregnant neighbor who was watching was transported taken to Baptist Golden Triangle after breathing smoke.

Comment on this Story

Related News

Capture
2 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Tuesday Forecast: Heat Levels Up; Mostly Sunny
Read More»
Authorities begin evacuation of refugee camp in Greece
2 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Authorities begin evacuation of refugee camp in Greece
Read More»
Peace Corps to launch in Vietnam
3 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Peace Corps to launch in Vietnam
Read More»