United Way Provides Free School Supplies for Area Children
NORTH EAST, Miss. (WCBI) – The United Way of Northeast Mississippi is helping more families get ready for the upcoming school year.
The Back 2 School resource fair, now in its third year, distributes free backpacks and school supplies to area children. Backpacks are available to any child entering kindergarten through sixth grade. Children must be present to receive a backpack. This year, the agency will host fairs at six locations throughout the region. The United Way gave away about 3,200 backpacks last year and about 250 kids got extra supplies. Parents will not need to preregister for the event. For more information on how to volunteer, donate or participate in this event, just go to www.unitedwaynems.org.
Back 2 School Resource Fairs:
• Lee and Chickasaw counties: July 20 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., The Mall at Barnes Crossing in Tupelo
• Itawamba County: July 20 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., at Itawamba Attendance Center in Fulton
• Pontotoc County: July 27 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., West Heights Baptist Church in Pontotoc
• Prentiss County: July 27, from 9 a.m. to noon, Baptist Memorial Hospital in Booneville
• Tishomingo County: July 27 from 9 a.m. to noon, Families First Resource Center in Iuka
• Union County: July 27, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., New Albany Elementary