0 Comments for this article

SIMPSON, Miss. (WCBI) – A Sunday morning fire in Choctaw County leaves one woman thankful to be alive.

Simpson Volunteer Fire Department got the call just after 11:00a.m. of a mobile home completely engulfed in flames. Fire units responded to 8279 Stewart-Weir Road and had the blaze under control with in 30 minutes.

Volunteer Fire Chief Smith Raburn says, an elderly woman and her son were the only ones homes at the time the fire started. The woman is bedbound and had to pulled to safety but thanks to her son none was injured. Firefighters say the blaze started in electrical box inside a closet.

Weir and Union Volunteer Fire Departments also assisted in the call.

Comment on this Story

Related News

image
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
Oktibbeha First Responders Answer Early Call
Read More»
news-default1-old
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
Birthday Bunch 12/6/16
Read More»
news-default1-old
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
JTS Mortgage Minute 12/6/16
Read More»