0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun u2JTHFrg]

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI)- About five hours after an Amory fire left a family homeless, a mother of three returned to her home in East Columbus just to discover a burning grease fire in her kitchen.  With it being five days after Thanksgiving and the Christmas Holiday just ahead, to be homeless is certainly not what a bewildered mother expected.  There was extensive smoke damage and the kitchen, like other rooms in the house was destroyed in the 9:30AM blaze.  Poplar Street fire victim Simone Davis had purchased Christmas gifts and apparently spent the previous night preparing to begin enjoying the holidays with her children.  “I had a bar area. Sat them up there on the bar and we lost all of them. I was wrapping everything because my tree was in my storage room. We were going to pull it out and put it up. Have everything set up by the time the kids get out of school,” said Simone Davis, Columbus Fire Victim.  An account has been set up at Regions Bank on Alabama Street in East Columbus, to help that displaced family during the holidays.

 

Comment on this Story

Related News

ba7a3bf044df43628aba29d532266587-1
7 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: Noxubee Grad Jones Leads Kemper County To First State Title
Read More»
80143b8fee9945f7952cd7cfc3dccadb-1
7 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: Ole Miss Rebounds With Win Over Memphis, 85-77
Read More»
news-default1-old
7 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Shelter Pets
Read More»