|WCBI-TV is seeking a producer for the News Department.
|Education: Four-year degree in journalism or related field preferred.
|Experience: Producing experience preferred, including a quality internship
- Attend news planning meetings
- Contribute story ideas in all planning meetings, including sweeps and event planning
- Stack a creative rundown with cohesive story flow, maximum story count and proper balance of news, sports and weather
- Utilize live shots, maps, graphics, animations and technical effects to maximize newscast pacing
- Write and/or proofread all stories and ensure that video is edited to meet technical and aesthetic standards
- Insert any breaking news/weather immediately prior to and during a live broadcast
- Update scripts with late breaking information immediately prior to and during a live broadcast
- Produce breaking news/weather cut-ins as necessary
- Pitch working and final rundowns to News Director for approval
- Write compelling stories
- Coordinate live shots with field crews and assignment desk
- Communicate effectively and directly with anchors, assignment desk, production and field crews to ensure each party has a clear understanding of their role in the newscast
- Responsible for ensuring all pre-production elements necessary for newscast are ready
- Effectively execute and time shows to ensure a clean, informative newscast that starts and ends on time
- Keep up with current events
- Assist in making beat calls
- Must be on-call via home or cell phone
- Perform other duties as assigned by the News Director
- Understand depth of coverage
- Manage time effectively to meet daily deadlines and ensure packages “make slot”
- Working knowledge of newsroom equipment and capabilities
- Able to operate non-linear video editor and Spencer video server
- Knowledge of news legal and ethical issues, particularly those relevant to slander/libel
- Be punctual
- Communicate with co-workers
- Be courteous
- Dress in a professional manner
- Be respectful of station property and the property of co-workers
- Keep work area organized
- Attend station meetings that encourage career advancements/communication (consultant visits, staff meetings, etc.)
|Send us a formal cover letter and resume by email or mail to:
|It is the policy of Morris Network (WCBI-TV, LLC) that employment shall be based on merit, qualification, and competence. Employment practice shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or an employee’s race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, or disability. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. WCBI-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Local/Digital Sales Manager (FOX WXXV 25 in Gulfport)
|[WCBI's sister station] WXXV 25 FOX and NBC has an immediate opening for a Local/Digital Sales Manager. Strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills a must. Must be goal oriented and customer focused. Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible television or media sales supervisory experience and proven success in new business and NTR development. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field. Working knowledge with OSI, Rentrak, Ad Connections and Excel preferred.We utilize DMV & criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
Please email a resume and references to: email@example.com. Mail resumes to: WXXV TV, Attn: Human Resources, P O Box 2500, Gulfport, MS 39503. Fax 228-314-9223.
Employment at WXXV shall be based on merit, qualification, and competence. Employment practice shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or an employee’s race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, or disability. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.