Official Rules for WCBI Crank-It-Up 2013
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE VERSION
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER AND/OR WIN.
- Employees of WCBI-TV and participating sponsors (Columbus Nissan, Audio Advantage, Miller’s OK Tire, Bob’s Paint and Auto Body) and other participating sponsors, their immediate families, advertising or promotional agents or subsidiaries are not eligible to enter and/or win.
- Must be 21 years old, the State of Mississippi’s age of majority, to enter and/or win all WCBI contests. Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. If you do not have car insurance for any reason, you must purchase insurance and have proof of the car insurance the day of the contest. No exceptions. If you can not prove that you have valid car insurance when you register on May 4, 2013 at Market Street between 11am-1p, you will be eliminated from the competition. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. ONLY ONE QUALIFIER PER HOUSEHOLD IN THE CRANK IT UP 2013 — YOUR CHANCE FOR A FREE RIDE! CONTEST. The WCBI-TV 30-day rule is suspended for this contest. Rules may change without notice at the discretion of WCBI-TV.
- INFRACTION OF THE RULES WILL IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFY CONTESTANTS. All decisions made by WCBI-TV concerning the contest are final. All federal, state and local taxes payable as a result of receipt of the prize are the sole responsibility of th winner. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) permitted. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. Qualifiers will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability/Publicity Release.
- Grand Prize is a 2003 Nissan Maxima. All federal, state and local laws apply. All federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. One Grand Prize winner will be selected. Winner is responsible for sales tax and title fees, and/or other appropriate fees. Each of the 50 qualifiers will receive a consolation prize determined by WCBI. Prizes may not be substituted or exchanged for cash.
- To Enter: Completely fill out a registration form available at the following locations: Columbus Nissan, Miller’s OK Tire, Audio Advantage, Bob’s Paint and Auto Body in Columbus from March 1 to April 11, 2013, and all other participating registration locations from March 15- April 11, 2013. Qualifiers will be randomly drawn from registration boxes in all locations. WCBI News will start announcing on-air qualifiers Monday, April 15, 2013 and then posted online at WCBI.com. Each qualifier represents him/her, and no other person may register to play, for the purpose of committing fraud, claiming to be another person for the sake of qualifying in the contest and/or winning prizes/grand prize. If a qualifier is unable to participate due to health problems and/or work related conflicts, an immediate family member or friend may substitute at the start of the contest. A written and notarized affidavit stating the reason for the substitution must be submitted. WCBI reserves the right to accept or refuse any application for substitution. Application for substitution does not guarantee acceptance. Limit of 1 entry per household.
- Fifty (50) qualifiers will be selected as contestants in the “Crank It Up 2013” –Your Chance for A Free Ride!” Contest. Qualifiers must be present with official notification letters, their drivers license and proof of insurance card between 11:00am and 11:30am in front of the television station located in downtown Columbus on Saturday, May 4, 2013 for final instructions. The contest will begin at 1 pm and will conclude when one contestant draws the key that “cranks up” the 2003 Nissan Maxima to facilitate this event.
- Winner(s) consent to WCBI-TV and, their agents, sponsors, advertising and promotional companies, right and permission the use of photographs or film of the winner(s) and reproductions thereof, voice recording of winner(s) and the use of name and address of the winner(s) in advertising, and other promotional matters, as they so desire, with no compensation to the winner(s), cash or otherwise.
- WCBI-TV and their parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, or mail difficulties, caused by or resulting form the playing of the contest, or acceptance or usage of any prize awarded. WCBI-TV and other participating businesses will not be responsible for any claims, liabilities, repairs, or damages arising out of or in conjunction with the services, merchandise or other benefits obtained by the contestants and winner of this contest. By submitting an entry to the contest, entrant assumes all risk of harm to him and others and agrees to indemnify all media partners and participating sponsors for any harm to him and others and agrees to indemnify all media partners and participating sponsors for any loss, damage or injury to the entrants or other participants in the contest.
- Copy of the rules available by writing: WCBI CRANK IT UP — YOUR CHANCE FOR A FREE RIDE!, PO Box 271, Columbus, MS. 39703. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with request. Grand Prize winners’ name available after May 5, 2013, by written request.
- WCBI reserves the right to change the date of the giveaway if need be, due to delays in the completion of the grand prize. Each qualifier will be notified by the way of an official letter and phone call if such a change were to take place.