Joey Barnes

About Joey Barnes

Video: Elderly Woman Rescued By Oktibbeha Firefighters

[bitsontherun ovV1DMaf]

Oktibbeha County, Miss. (WCBI) – An elderly Oktibbeha County woman was rescued by volunteer firefighters Friday evening.

East Oktibbeha Firefighters say the blaze occurred at a Blackjack Road home, just after 5 PM.

The blaze started on the stove and destroyed the kitchen.

The woman was trapped in a bedroom and trying to escape when crews arrived on the scene.

“They saw her hanging out the back window of the house and four of them (firefighters) got her out and got her to safety, and checked her over and made sure she was okay,” said East Oktibbeha Fire Chief Greg Ball.

The woman was not injured and was home alone when the fire started.