ICC to offer summer institute for educators at Belden Center
Date(s) - 06/03/2013-06/14/2013
Registration is under way at Itawamba Community College-Belden for a summer institute for educators, which is scheduled for June 3-14.
The schedule includes:
- June 3 – “Dollars and Sense,” which will address the Common Core standards, Jeannette Bennett
- June 4 – “To the Essay and Beyond: Multi-Genre Writing for the Common Core,” Mary Ann Parker, University of Mississippi Writing Project
- June 5 – “Let’s Argue About It!: Common Core and Argument Writing,” Louis Rowles, AEC consultant
- June 6 – “Flying WILD,” John Defasio, USDA-NRCS Wildlife Biologist
- June 7 – “Getting Close to the Core: Close Reading Strategies for the Common Core,” Mary Ann Parker
- June 10-11 – “Dynamics of Preparing a 21st Century Workforce,” David Copenhaver, CDF chairman and retired Toyota executive; Tony Tice, ICC dean of Career and Technical Instruction; Dr. Doug Ferguson, Electrical Technology instructor; Tammy Webb, ICC Workforce trainer; Tzernan Waters, Workforce advanced skills specialist
- June 12 – “Geo Connections,” Mary Jane Jackson and Karen Stockton Wallace, Mississippi Geographic Alliance Teacher Consultant
- June 13 – “Aquatic WILD” and Stream Sampling, John Defazio
- June 14 – “Classroom Management: The Nuts and Bolts of Today’s Classroom,” Monte Brasfield, AEC consultant/trainer.
The workshops, which are from 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., offer .6 CEUs per day except for the June 10-11 sessions, which offer 1.2 CEUs.
Workshops are $15 each except Project Wild and Project Wet, which are $30, and payment is required with registration. Some classes are limited in size. To preregister or for more information, contact Becky Kelly at (662) 407-1500 or email email@example.com.