Michelle Lowe

About Michelle Lowe

Delivering the news in North MS and West AL. has been just one more "Day in the Life" since 2007. Anchor of WCBI News at 9 on MYMS, co-anchor WCBI News at 10. Email me with story ideas!

Fire Damages Caledonia Home

CALEDONIA, Miss. – (WCBI)A wall heater is being blamed for a house fire in Caledonia this morning.

According to Lowndes County District 1 Volunteer Fire Chief Mark Spears, the blaze broke out on Stanley Road around 7:30 a.m Tuesday.

Spears says a wall caught fire, and the flames did reach the attic of Mary Dunzer’s home. She was in the house at the time of the fire, but was able to safely escape.

Volunteer firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.

The damage has been classified as moderate.