TUPELO, Miss. (Press Release) — The Natchez Trace Parkway will recognize National Park Week and National Junior Ranger Day with the annual “Celebrate Wildlife Weekend” on April 26 at the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
All exhibitors and events will be outdoors and include:
- Terry Vandeventer’s educational, fun, live snake program: “Snakes of Mississippi” at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- The Mississippi Museum of Natural History’s live reptile program “Reptiles of Mississippi” at 11:30 a.m.
- Other exhibitors include Mississippi State University, the Mississippi Bat Working Group, and the Tombigbee Pioneer Group
- Wildlife Discovery hike along the Beech Springs Nature Trail
- Hands-on activities
- A special Junior Ranger Day Scavenger Hunt
This program is free to the public. The Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center is located along the Parkway at milepost 266, just north of Tupelo. For more information about this and other Parkway programs, please visit our website at www.nps.gov/natr, or call 1-800-305-7417.