RH Brown

About RH Brown

The former veteran radio announcer and veteran Vietnam Era Army Medic is also an author. His autobiographical book, Call Me Gullah: An American Heritage is available via amazon.com in paperback and kindle.

Video: Smoke Detector Saves A Life

OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WCBI)-An Oktibbeha County man escapes his burning home with barely the clothes on his back. The blaze happened late Saturday night around nine on Lindsey Lane. When Oktibbeha County Firefighters arrived on the scene, Milton Hall’s mobile home was totally engulfed by flames. But not before he escaped after hearing his smoke detector go off while he was in his bathroom. The electrical fire is believed to have started in the wall of the trailer.

“Taking a bath I heard the smoke detector go off. And I got out of the tub. And when I looked on the wall, the fire had gotten out of hand,” said Milton Hall, Fire Victim.

“Very hopeful that everybody has a smoke detector in their home as well as have a little bit of a drill to know what to do in case of a fire,” said Kirk Rosenhan, Oktibbeha County Fire Coordinator.

The Oktibbeha County Fire Department has free 10 year battery smoke detectors from the US Fire Marshal’s office that are available to the public.