0 Comments for this article

STARKVILLE, Miss. (WCBI) -Using gas to keep your house warm when the weather turns cold could be a hazard to your health.

According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Administration, 170 people in the nation die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Starkville Fire Department says they’ve seen one too many cases where the levels of carbon monoxide were high inside a resident’s home. Breathing in the gas in large doses can suffocate a person.

Authorities are urging residents to invest in a carbon monoxide detector, which range from 15 to 60 dollars.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches, sleepiness and reddish cheeks.

You’re asked to call your local authorities if you experience any of these symptoms.

Comment on this Story

Related News

a5ac1cfe94314435a26ad6976e1fd9e7-1
8 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: A Walk Through the “First Christmas”
Read More»
4af4a50748b9455983984235b3608942-5
8 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: More People Choosing To Take Online Classes
Read More»
news-default1-old
8 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Mooreville Sweeps Saltillo in Basketball
Read More»