Adopt A Family gives individuals, families, business and industry the opportunity to serve hard-working and self-sufficient families who have verified financial emergencies caused by a catastrophic illness, layoff, or other major adversity beyond their control. The families and their needs are attached. Please understand the family’s name is not included out of respect for their privacy. Please note that this is not an application process. All families are pre-determined. If you would like to adopt one of the families, follow these instructions:
- Deadline to Adopt will be Friday, December 1, 2017.
- To Adopt a Family, please send an email to email@example.com or call 662-328-0943 (ask for Jasmine or Renee) and reference the family number(s) you would like to adopt. (please have several families in mind, just in case the said family is no longer available)
- To avoid duplication, families will be given to the first request for that particular family.
- Do not shop for your family until you receive confirmation that you have been assigned the family you have requested.
- Gifts should be UNWRAPPED and delivered to United Way at 223 22nd Street North, Columbus MS, on one of the following days:
- Friday, Nov 10, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, Nov 17, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec 1, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec 8, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- If gift delivery needs to be made at an alternate time please call 662-570-9045 to make arrangements.
**If you plan to wrap your gifts, please communicate this to Volunteer Columbus before delivery.
DEADLINE FOR ALL ITEMS TO BE DROPPED OFF IS DECEMBER 8, 2017