Digital Content Producer
WCBI is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer. This person will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and advancing WCBI`s social media and website strategy. The WCBI Digital Content Producer will be responsible for making sure the WCBI website is updated consistently and making sure the website and social media platforms are consistently updated during breaking news situations.
The position requires an individual with a four-year college degree in journalism or multi-media-related discipline. Heavily used programs include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Social News Desk, Canva, Slack, Adobe Premiere Pro, Tweetdeck, Google Analytics, ENPS, TikTok, and Whiz Push.
- Monitoring the social media efforts and the goals of individual staff members.
- Creating, editing, and coordinating often exclusive online content.
- Tracking the performance of the website and social media efforts, including push alerts to WCBI platforms such as the WCBI app.
- Soliciting and organizing online applications for the WCBI Internship Program.
- Regularly review social media trends and innovations for new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager and/or News Director.
- Should have a working knowledge of newscast production.
- Must be an active social media user.
- Must be proficient with content production on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Video-editing experience is a plus.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive Attitude is a MUST!
- Four-year degree in journalism or multi-media-related discipline is REQUIRED.
Additional Information: EOE
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 271
Columbus, MS 39701
We look forward to hearing from you.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)