Weekend Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
WCBI-TV has an immediate opening for a Weekend Anchor/Multimedia Journalist.
We want someone ready to lead a weekend crew of journalists, produce newscasts, be a creative storyteller, and be a conversational writer.
Journalism matters in our community and we want someone ready to tackle that mission.
WCBI’s next weekend anchor should be someone ready to grow and willing to learn.
Our candidate will need to have a can-do, positive attitude, work independently on deadlines, and be willing to learn through critiques. We also want someone that has news judgment to make editorial decisions independently.
WCBI’s next weekend anchor/Multimedia Journalist will also be active on social media and generate content for our award-winning website.
This is a great market to begin your career. In north Mississippi and west Alabama, you will cover every type of weather event, sporting event, and impactful community-based story.
Columbus, Mississippi is a short drive from major cities. You can get anywhere from here and that’s where we help our reporters go.
- Must be able to shoot and edit independently.
- Be responsible for and executing live shots
- Provide story ideas during editorial meetings
- Write and post multiple stories for broadcast as well as WCBI’s multimedia platforms
- Anchor and produce multiple newscasts on the weekend shift, assign stories to weekend MMJ’s, report as needed, and proof scripts
- Fill-in anchor/produce as needed during the week
- Report as an MMJ during the week, as assigned
- Manage time effectively to meet daily deadlines.
- Knowledge of ENPS
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Punctual and able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Be courteous.
- Be respectful of station property and the property of co-workers.
- Keep work area organized
- Attend station meetings that encourage career advancements/communication (consultant visits, staff meetings, etc.) and other duties as assigned.
Education: Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
Additional Information: EOE
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 271
Columbus, MS 39701
We look forward to hearing from you.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)