Last updated: 11.24.08
WCBI reserves the right to delete comments that are abusive, off-topic, use any foul language, or include ad hominem attacks. We moderate ALL comments. We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view. We will also NOT correct spelling or grammatical errors within a comment. WCBI requests that you re-read your statement and check for possible policy violations before submitting your comment.
The feedback comment system available on WCBI.com is for article/story feedback and is not a discussion forum. Discussions or debates with other commenters should be conducted utilizing an alternative outlet and not in the form of posted comments on WCBI.com. As long as your comment addresses the subject of the article and you follow the Comment Policy, you can make reference to a previous commenter’s opinion once.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q I posted a comment. Why can I not see it on the site?
- A All comments must be approved by a site moderator before published on the website. Depending on the volume of comments this may take longer on heavy-traffic days. Comments may not be approved as quickly during the weekend as during a weekday.
- Q Why did my comment get blocked on WCBI.com?
- A If your comment is not approved there are a few scenarios in which it may be blocked:
- A comment is abusive, off-topic, includes foul language, is exceptionally incoherent, includes an ad hominem attack, racist, sexist, homophobic and other slurs or is soliciting and/or advertising.
- A comment only includes a smilie and no actual statement.
- If a commenter continually addresses a previous commenter in the form of a debate or discussion that strays off-topic, the comment(s) will not be approved.
- A commenter has previously posted comments that include any of the elements listed in #1, we will more closely moderate your comments and it will take longer for them to get approved.
- Although rare, we will ban an IP address entirely if a commenter continually violates site policy.
If your comment has been blocked and believe a mistake has been made, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the story you want to comment on, a copy of your comment and the date you attempted to post your comment. Please wait 24 hours if comment was submitted during the week and until noon on Monday if comment was submitted after 5pm on Friday before contacting webmaster.
All comments are the individual views and opinions of WCBI.com’s viewers and not necessary those of WCBI-TV, LLC or Morris Multimedia, Inc.