WCBI-TV is proud to partner with area schools to offer an internship program available to junior and senior communication students. We believe an internship program not only benefits students’ needs through experienced gain, but also benefits our station.
We provide a positive internship experience by allowing students to dive into their department of choice and take part in meaningful work. Also, interns can look forward to being mentored by “in-the-business” professionals.
Applications submitted after application windows close will not be considered or rolled over.
Reminder: do not expect to hear back from us on the status of your application until the window has closed.
- Compensation is not available for this internship. Interns must receive course credit.
- Interns must be a rising junior or senior in Broadcast, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Design, Public Relations, Meteorology or another related field.
- Interns must have their own transportation and local housing.
- Interns are expected to work an average of 15 hours per week.
- Fall and Spring interns are expected to work at least 4 hours consecutively.
- Summer interns are expected to work at least 6 hours consecutively.
- Interns are expected to be at work when scheduled, unless prior notification and clearance are given.
- Interns are expected to dress appropriately for work.
- Interns are expected to come prepared to work with fresh ideas and a positive attitude.
If you need anymore information, contact Ansley Perkins (firstname.lastname@example.org), Joey Barnes (email@example.com) or Mary Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Spring Semester: Starts on January 16th, 2023
(All applications are due on January 6th, 2023!)
Fall Semester: Starts on August 21st, 2023
(All applications are due on August 15th, 2023!)