Position: Digital Sales Director
Reports to: GM/GSM, WCBI-TV & VP, Director of Digital, ChartLocal
ChartLocal Digital Agency, a subsidiary of WCBI-TV, is seeking a Digital Sales Director to develop and lead a “world class multi-media sales team” that consistently delivers measurable results for customers and driving market share growth for the company. Candidate will inspire, work with and motivate the sales team through clear, constant communication creating of a culture of teamwork. This leader needs strong digital knowledge: able to explain the logistics and functionality of Digital Marketing (Social Media, Search, E-mail Marketing, Website Design) at a high level as well as in detail. This individual must be able to clearly explain Search Engine Marketing (difference of paid search vs. organic) and can explain the value of adding digital/investing in digital to grow current market share.
• Develop account strategies to grow current client revenue while growing new business exponentially.
• Leverage internal resources to accomplish objectives and to solve problems.
• Provide regular and timely feedback, forecasts, reports, competitive information and field intelligence.
• Take the lead to create and package ideas that meet the needs of our core advertiser categories.
• Assume responsibility of our digital display, SEM, SEO, Mobile and Social Media sales strategies.
• Ensure optimal market coverage, client engagements, increasing awareness of products, services and capabilities.
• Identify and develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects.
To be considered, you must have 2-3+ years of sales or digital marketing experience in the area of online media including Internet ad sales and online marketing and an understanding of web content as it relates to sales. Experience working with TV stations or other media is preferred.
Ideal candidate will have
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Experience managing and leading a team of sales managers and sales reps.
• Extensive knowledge of multi-media ROI-based creative marketing solutions including superior product knowledge
• Ability to understand and identify multi-media opportunities to grow share of best target customers.
Additional requirements include:
• Experience with streaming media technology, knowledge of ad networks and video pre roll a plus
• Experience creating sales materials.
• Ability to organize and prioritize while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Professional and positive manner when working with clients and others
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.)
• Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
• Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization
• Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (customers, prospects, key trends)
• Possess an understanding of competitive media in the market
• Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills (both written and oral)
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Must have access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
Keys to Success
We need someone who can push the envelope to get in the door with new customers, and to build existing customers’ digital campaigns. You will often work with higher-level customers, so you will need to consistently display a professional demeanor and be great at customer service.
Because of your past success and outstanding future earnings potential, you’ll only give consideration to opportunities that offer:
• High earnings potential with a base salary and an uncapped bonus structure
• A fast-paced environment and culture conducive to the sales process
• The chance to work alongside other high achievers at a proven market leader in the digital arena
• Visible, acknowledged and recognized sales
• Advancement potential and professional development opportunities
If this describes you and you’re looking for a position that will allow you to leverage your talent and make an impact on business and your own career, the role of a Digital Sales Director is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
C/O Sales Manager
P.O. Box 271
Columbus, MS 39703
Position: Digital Sales Director