We’ve all heard the buzz behind fast food chicken sandwiches, but our own Renae Skinner whipped up her own version. We can say it’s worth EVERY ounce of effort and packed with flavor!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper
1 cup flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 tbsp paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt & pepper
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Cut chicken breasts into large filets at least the size of your buns
2. In a large bowl, mix your marinade ingredients together. Place in fridge with chicken and marinade up to 24 hours.
3. Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together your breading mixture. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the buttermilk marinade into the flour mixture and mix with a fork.
5. Working with one piece at a time, dip and mix the chicken with the breading mixture. Press the flour into the chicken to form a thick crust.
6. Transfer battered chicken to the hot oil pan and fry for 3-5 minutes per side until fully cooked and the outside is crispy and golden.
7. Assemble with buttered and toasted buns. You can either use a toaster or go all out and toast in a pan with butter and non-stick spray.
8. Prior to serving, whisk together your spicy mayo ingredients in a small container.
1. Serve with spicy mayo and pickles for a true authentic experience
2. Add cheese and bacon to bring a different flavor into it
3. Use lettuce and/or spinach with some onion and tomato to add a little garden variety
Like the sandwich? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know!