Brought to you by United Way of Lowndes County and WCBI
All families have been adopted! Thanks for everyone who participated in this year’s Adopt A Family!
Volunteer Columbus, WCBI and the United Way of Lowndes County are giving everyone the opportunity to give back this holiday season
Would you like to help a family in need?
Adopt a Family gives individuals, families, business and industry the opportunity to serve hard-working and self-sufficient families who have verified financial emergencies caused by adversity beyond their control. The families and their needs are listed below.
Please understand the family’s name is not included out of respect for their privacy. Please note that this is not an application process. All families are pre-determined.
If you would like to adopt one of the families, follow these instructions:
- Deadline to Adopt: Monday, December 2nd
- Do not call WCBI.
- TO ADOPT… look at the list of families available for adoption below. Find a family that your family or group will be able to financially manage to get something on each person’s wish list within that family. Then send an email with the family number to email@example.com or call 662-328-0943.
- To avoid duplication, families will be given to the first request made for that particular family.
- If you see a particular family you would like to assist but would like to financially share in purchasing that family’s wish list with another group, please let us know and we will attempt to team you with another group.
- If you would like to participate but have no particular family you want to adopt and are willing to be teamed with another group, please let us know so that we can call on you between December 5th-10th to supplement with items that were not fulfilled on wish lists.
- Gifts should be UNWRAPPED. If you plan to wrap your gifts, you MUST communicate this to United Way so that we give some specific instructions regarding wrapping.
- Gifts should be delivered Monday-Friday between 9:00am-3pm to 223 22nd St N, Columbus, MS on December 5th, 8th or 9th and must be received by 3pm December 9th.
DEADLINE FOR DROP OFF OF GIFTS IS DECEMBER 9th
**If you plan to wrap your gifts, please communicate this to the United Way’s Volunteer Columbus before delivery.
**Please note that this is not an application process. All families were pre-determined prior to publication of this notice.
Family 1 ~ ADOPTED
Disabled mother 2 daughters ages 16 and 17. They lost a lot during the storm.
Daughter 1 — Jeans 3 juniors / Shirts M-L / Shoes 7-1/2 to 8
Family 2 ~ ADOPTED
Disabled mother of 2 daughters, 2 grandsons, and 1 granddaughter. Daughters age 18 and 19. Grandsons age 3 and 4 and granddaughter -9mo
Granddaughter- 6-9mos outfits now maybe (12mos by Christmas)/ 12mo shoes
Family 3 ~ ADOPTED
Working single mother of 2 daughters and 1 son
Daughter 1 — age 18 Jeans 8 miss / Shirts M / Shoes 8-1/2
Family 4 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother of 2 sons and 1 daughter
Daughter — Jeans 10 youth / Shirts 10 youth / Shoes 3-1/2
Family 5 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother of 4 sons ages 6, 5, and twins age 1. This family was burned out, lost everything in the kid’s room- other parts of the house were smoked out.
Son 1 — Jeans 7 / Shirts 7-8 / Shoes 11-1\2 kids
Family 6 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother of 3 daughters: 14, 8, and 5. This family lost everything in the fire.
Daughter 1 — age 14: Jeans 0-1 juniors / Shirts XS-S Juniors / Shoes 7-1/2
Family 7 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother with 4 children.
Son 1 — age 10: Sizes: Shirts – adult med.; Pants – 32×30; Jacket – Adult med.; Shoes – 9 (boys) Likes football; Needs: Back Pack
Family 8 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother with 2 children.
Daughter — age 12: Sizes: Shirts – Large (W); Pants – 14 (W); Jacket – Large(W); Shoes – 9 or 91/2(W). Likes: girly things like make-up and dress-up clothes. Likes to read. Wants: Tablet. Needs: School uniforms (Columbus Middle School).
Family 9 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother with 3 daughters.
Daughter 1 — age 5: Sizes: Shirts – 5/6; Pants – 6x; jackets – med.;shoes – 11. Likes: Dr. McStuffin; Sophia the First. Likes to read (or be read to). Needs: Winter coat and tennis shoes.
Family 10 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother with 4 daughters.
Daughter 1 — age 10: Sizes: Shirts – girls lg.; Pants – 10 short (girls); Jacket – girls lg.; shoes – 4. Likes: likes dress up clothes, baby dolls, hairbows. Needs: shoes and or boots.
Family 11 ~ ADOPTED
Single mother of 1 daughter.
Daughter — age 12: Sizes: Shirts – med.; Pants – 14; Jacket – 12; Shoes – 71/2. Likes: electronic games; make-up (only allowed eye liner and lip gloss); Police shows. Wants to be an attorney. Would like a “bubble jacket (pink, black or purple) and a flat iron. Needs: Mother couldn’t come up with anything she really needs.