Explosion leads to fire at B&S Salvage in east Columbus

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) – An explosion led to a fire at an east Columbus salvage business.

The incident happened about 1 p.m. at B & S Salvage on Gardner Boulevard.

Firefighters were able to quickly bring the blaze under control.

No injuries were reported.

Fire Chief Duane Hughes said there was an ignition of a propane fuel bottle that led to the fire.

Traffic was shut down for a while but has reopened.

For 24/7 news and updates, follow us on Facebook and X

Categories: Local News