FEMA, MEMA support: Amory schools receive funds for tornado rebuilding

AMORY, Miss. (WCBI) – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and FEMA announced its award of $1.5 million to the Amory School District.

This comes after the damages the district received after the March tornado.

The funds will be used to reimburse the district for different expenses resulting from the damages.

After the tornado hit, the district temporarily relocated staff and students to several modular units for educational and support uses as well as installing temporary power units and toilets.

FEMA reimburses eligible applicants 75% of eligible costs and the remaining 25% is covered by the state.

For 24/7 news and updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Categories: Local News