Video: Starkville House Fire Update
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WCBI)-A man is in critical condition after taking a turn for the worst last night after being pulled from a house fire.
Thursday (2-7-13) a blaze broke out at this home on Everglade Street around one o’clock in Starkville.
Chief Roger Mann says smoking materials are likely to blame for the start of the fire.
The point of origin was the foot of the bed in the bedroom where either a match or cigarette started the blaze.
86 year-old Mary Foster did not make out of the house in time but 62 year-old Sammie Lee Kneely was pulled from the fire and taken to OCH Regional Medical Center.
Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt says it appears Foster died of smoke inhalation.
Kneely was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.