Back to school with “CBS This Morning”: Call for submissions
As students across the country head back to school, “CBS This Morning” is inviting you to share your stories on education in America. We want to hear from you about a favorite teacher, a fond classroom memory, a message to your community’s school and more.
To participate, pick a question from the list below and record your answer on video. (You can submit multiple videos.)
Here are the three ways to send it to us:
- Submit your video here
- Post to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #CBSBACKTOSCHOOL
- Direct message it privately to us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Tell us about your favorite teacher.
- What would you say to the teacher who had the biggest impact on your life?
- What’s the biggest challenge teachers face?
- What are your thoughts on teacher salary?
- What is/was your favorite class and why?
- Teachers, tell us about a moment when you felt valued.
Challenges in education
- What are some of the changes you have seen in school safety? Do you feel they are effective?
- Do you think schools today are a safe space?
- How has bullying affected you?
- What should students be learning in school that they are not? Do you feel that students are learning things in school that will prepare them for the real world?
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of standardized testing?
- What’s the most valuable thing you learned in school?
Equity and inequality
- Is diversity important to a quality education?
- Is education affordable?
- What is a community’s obligation to its schools?
- Are students around the country given the equal opportunity for a quality education?
- When filming, video must be horizontal, and no longer than 45 seconds. You may self-record (selfie) or have someone record it for you.
- Please state your name, city/state, and grade/occupation at the beginning of the video (Example: I’m Jane Doe from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I’m a teacher at…)
- When answering a question, please do so in a complete sentence. (Example: For the question, “What is the biggest challenge teachers face?” Answer in this manner: “I think the biggest challenge teachers face is…”)
- CBS News seeks permission, which may not be revoked, to use your material on all platforms (plus affiliates & international) in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. By submitting this video, you consent to these terms.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Leave a Reply