EMCC Falls to 4th, ICC rises to 12th in Computer-Modified NJCAA Top 20
FULTON & SCOOBA, Miss. (WCBI) —If we’ve learned anything from the BCS, computers can make college football much more interesting.
Five days after dominating Southwest CC, the defending NJCAA National Champions have fallen from their spot at number one in the NJCAA Top 20.
EMCC has dropped to #4 in this week’s poll due in part to the NJCAA adding a computer element to the poll for the first time this season.
The September 18th poll is the first to include the Football Computer Rankings (FCR), which makes up 33% of the poll. The other 67% comes from human voters.
One school that took advantage of the new rankings was ICC, who vaulted from #20 to #12 in this week’s poll. Mississippi Gulf Coast is the new #1 with Iowa Western and Butler (KS) following closely behind.
The Lions still hold onto 8 of the 9 first place votes, but the new formula dropped EMCC from the top.
The full NJCAA Top 20 is below:
|Top 20 National Poll | September 18, 2012|
|1||Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College||3-0||187.5||0||4|
|2||Iowa Western Community College||4-0||185.0||0||5|
|3||Butler Community College – KS||4-0||182.0||1||2|
|4||East Mississippi Community College||3-0||175.0||8||1|
|5||Arizona Western College||2-0||137.5||0||3|
|6||Northwest Mississippi Community College||2-0||137.0||0||10|
|7||Nassau Community College||3-0||133.5||0||13|
|9||Scottsdale Community College||3-0||130.0||0||18|
|11||Hutchinson Community College||3-1||74.0||0||14|
|12||Itawamba Community College||3-0||72.0||0||20|
|14||Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College||3-0||64.5||0||NR|
|16||Hinds Community College||2-1||57.0||0||6|
|18||Minnesota West Community & Technical College||4-0||31.5||0||NR|
|19||Eastern Arizona College||2-1||29.0||0||8|
Dropped from Rankings: Blinn (9), Georgia Military (11), Trinity Valley (11), Rochester (16),
College of DuPage (17), Tyler (20)
|Other schools receiving votes|
|Tyler Junior College||2-1||24.0||20|
|Georgia Military College||2-1||20.0||11|
|College of DuPage||2-1||13.5||17|
|Rochester Community & Technical College||3-1||9.0||16|
|New Mexico Military Institute||3-1||3.5||NR|