Holiday Green Beans
The holidays are the perfect time for good food and plenty of laughs. This is a recipe that takes my second favorite vegetable (behind spinach, of course) and makes them an instant classic with a good twist!
2 lbs – Green Beans, cut/cleaned
1 jar – cocktail onions
18-24 small potatoes, diced
1/2 cup ham, cooked/diced
1 heaping tbsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1) Apply nonstick spray to crock pot.
2) Add green beans to crock pot.
3) Drain cocktail onions, add.
4) Add potatoes, ham and garlic. Stir.
5) Cook low and slow 6 to 8 hours.
I used my old Hawaiian Ham I had left over and added it. If you don’t have any, feel free to add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a 1/4 cup of honey and a little pineapple with the juice to mimic the flavor!