STARKVILLE, Miss. (MSU Athletics) — With temperatures expected in the mid-90s, Mississippi State Athletics has a number of measures in place to help ensure the safety and well-being of fans attending Saturday’s MSU-Southern Miss football game in Davis Wade Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. CT.
- One clear, colorless, full or empty water bottle per person is permitted into the stadium for all games. Non-clear, color-tinted, stainless steel or non-clear plastic bottles or containers or any other non-clear container is NOT permitted
- Free water bottle refill stations are located near sections 4, 11, 22 and 308. See the Davis Wade Stadium map for locations.
- As part of MSU’s dramatically reduced concession prices introduced in 2018, a 20-ounce bottled water will cost $2 and a liter will be available for $4. Cash-only kiosks will be set up on the concourse at Sections 8 and 19, as well as Section 305 and the East Side Sky Deck.
- Air conditioned buses and rest stations will be set up outside Gate B and Gate L.
- Stadium first aid stations will be staffed with additional trained EMS personnel.
Fans are encouraged to follow these safety measures before arriving at the stadium:
- Hydrate early, before and during the game to avoid heat exhaustion.
- Apply sunscreen of at least 30 SPF (recommended) and repeat the application periodically.
- Avoid excess caffeine and alcohol, which could result in dehydration.
Metal Detector Entry Procedures
Launched in 2018 at MSU and mandatory throughout SEC football stadiums by the fall of 2020, fans are reminded of metal detector entry procedures into Davis Wade Stadium. When fans arrive at stadium gates, they will be asked to follow the instructions of the security screening staff and place large metal objects such as phones, keys, cameras, approved seat cushions and cowbells in containers or in their clear bag on screening tables before passing through the walk-through metal detectors.
Fans will not be required to remove belts, watches, wallets, jewelry, shoes, jackets, coins or other small objects. Fans are encouraged to arrive at Davis Wade Stadium gates approximately 30 minutes earlier than normal to ensure a smooth entry. For complete metal detector entry procedures, visit HailState.com/metaldetector.
Clear Bag Policy
Fans are encouraged not to bring any types of bags inside SEC stadiums during football games; however, the following outlines bags that are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″;
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (approximately the size of a hand).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at Gates F and I.
- An approved logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ may be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.