SEC Co-OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
COBI HAMILTON (Watch Arkansas Highlights)
6-3 • 209 • Sr. • Texarkana, Texas
• Hamilton set an SEC record with 303 receiving yards on 10 catches and three touchdowns in Arkansas’ 35-26 loss to Rutgers. The yardage total is the most in NCAA FBS this season and 14th highest in FBS history and the average per catch (30.3) is also an SEC record.
CONNOR SHAW (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
6-1 • 207 • Jr. • Flowery Branch, Ga.
• Shaw completed 20-of-21 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns and connected on a school-record 20 consecutive passes in South Carolina’s 31-10 win over Missouri. The completion percentage is a school record and second highest in SEC history. The 20 consecutive passes is 2nd in SEC history and streak is active going into Gamecocks’ next contest (SEC record: 24 by Tee Martin, UT, 1998).
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SAM MONTGOMERY (Watch LSU Highlights)
6-5 • 260 • Jr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Montgomery accounted for four tackles (3 solos) with 3.5 going for losses for minus 14 yards in LSU’s 12-10 win at Auburn.
• His first tackle-for-loss resulted in a safety and a 2-0 LSU first quarter lead.
• Included in the 3.5 tackles for loss was a sack for minus 5 yards.
• For the game, LSU limited Auburn to only nine first downs and 183 total yards (86 rushing, 97 passing). Auburn’s longest drive of the game went 42 yards and got inside the LSU 25-yard line just twice, one of which came after an LSU fumble that gave Auburn the ball on the LSU 26-yard line.
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
ACE SANDERS (Watch South Carolina Highlights)
5-8 • 175 • Jr. • Bradenton, Fla.
• Sanders had six punt returns for 106 yards including a 49-yard return in South Carolina’s 31-10 win over Missouri. The 49-yard return set up the Gamecocks’ first score of the game. Sanders also had a 23-yard TD scoring catch in the game.
DUSTIN HARRIS (Watch Texas A&M Highlights)
6-0 • 175 • Livingston, Texas
• Harris set a school and SEC record with 246 punt return yards on eight returns in Texas A&M’s 70-14 win over South Carolina State, including a 96-yard return for a score, which is the second-longest in Aggie history.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
AARON MORRIS (Watch Ole Miss Highlights)
6-5 • 330 • So. • Jackson, Miss.
• Morris helped Ole Miss amass 450 total yards, including 304 on the ground, in a 39-0 win at Tulane.
• The Rebels eclipsed 300 rushing yards for the second time this season.
• Morris has started all three games at left guard and seven of the last nine dating back to last season.
• The Rebels lead the SEC and rank 11th nationally in rushing offense (259.8 yards per game).
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
OMAR HUNTER (Watch Florida Highlights)
6-0 • 313 • Sr. • Buford, Ga.
• Hunter had a career-high and team-leading eight tackles (three solos) in Florida’s 38-0 win against Kentucky.
• He helped lead a defensive unit that shut out an SEC opponent for the first time in 11 seasons (since 2001, def. Miss. State, 52-0).
• The Gator defense allowed just 60 passing yards and held the Wildcats to 4-of-15 on third down conversions.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
TODD GURLEY (Watch Georgia Highlights)
6-1 • 218 • Tarboro, N.C.
• Gurley registered his third career 100+ yard game in four contests after carrying the ball 16 times for a career-high 130 yards (8.1 avg.) and two touchdowns during Georgia’s 48-3 win against Vanderbilt.
• He leads the SEC in rushing (101.5 yards per game), scoring (10.5 points per game) and all-purpose yardage (164.2 yards per game).
• The Bulldogs have scored 40 points in four consecutive games for the first time in school history.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 4
LB C.J. MOSLEY (Alabama) — Led Tide with six total tackles and a half-sack against Florida Atlantic.
OT D.J. FLUKER (Alabama) — Graded out at 92 percent with three pancake blocks, no pressures, sacks or penalties against Florida Atlantic.
FS DEMETRUCE McNEAL (Auburn) — Had team high 11 stops (4 solos) with 1.5 for losses (-3 yards) against LSU.
DB JAYLEN WATKINS (Florida) — Returned interception 26 yards for a touchdown and also had two tackles against Kentucky.
OLB JARVIS JONES (Georgia) — Tallied seven tackles, with three for losses (-22 yards), including a sack, against Vanderbilt.
LB ALVIN DUPREE (Kentucky) — Had eight tackles (5 solos) with a sack (-6 yards) against Florida.
DB MICAH EUGENE (LSU) — Freshman had three tackles, including two sacks, against Auburn.
DB TRAE ELSTON (Ole Miss) — Led Rebels with six tackles and a sack in first career start against Tulane.
DB JOHNTHAN BANKS (Mississippi State) — Had three tackles, an interception, two pass deflections and a tackle for loss against South Alabama.
RB LaDARIUS PERKINS (Mississippi State) — Had 69 yards rushing on 11 carries and a TD against South Alabama.
LB WILL EBNER (Missouri) — Had game-high 14 tackles (11 solos) with one for a loss against South Carolina.
QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) — Completed 27-of-43 passes for 401 yards with four TDs and one interception against Akron.
PK DERRICK BRODUS (Tennessee) — Tallied 17 points, making all four of his FG attempts and all five of his PAT attempts against Akron.
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL (Texas A&M) — Passed for 174 yards (15-of-20) and three touchdowns and rushed for 78 yards on eight carries and two touchdowns against South Carolina State.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) — Had game-high 8 catches for 119 yards against Georgia.