1 Comments for this article
[bitsontherun 2OY11nQp]

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) — A smoke alarm helps save a columbus mother and her two daughters from an early morning fire.

The alarm woke Shelly Gore up shortly after 4 Friday morning at her home at 2306 Fifth Ave. N. She got her 9- and 11-year-old daughters up and out the back door of the house while the fire spread through a bedroom and hallway.

Firefighters say the blaze started near a heating outlet in a bedroom. The home was heavily damaged and the family lost everything.

Anyone wishing to help the family should contact the Lowndes County chapter of the American Red Cross.

  • sallie elston

    how can i contact shelly gore?

Related News

1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
New Hope Branch Of YMCA Closing
Read More»
3 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Birthday Bunch 7/26/17
Read More»
3 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
United Way Wednesday
Read More»