After an extensive review process in search of Ruan Transportation Management Systems’ 2012 Driver of the Year, 14 out of 4,200 professional drivers were recently named Region Winners.
The winners, along with the terminal out of which they operate and the Ruan customer they serve, are listed here:
· Robert Moe; Lino Lakes, MN; Marmon/Keystone
· Steve Millang; Des Moines, IA; Kirkman Farms
· James Yarbary; Aurora, CO; Whole Foods Market
· Benny Baca; Roswell, NM; Farm Pickup Customers
· Robby Stark; Mira Loma, CA; Farm Pickup Customers
· Bill Lindsey; Meridian, ID; Farm Pickup Customers
· James Belk; Canby, OR; Johnson Controls, Inc.
· Mark Goforth; Topeka, KS; Target Corporation
· Allen McClary; Charlotte, NC; HNI
· Christopher Pritchett; Columbus, MS; EKA Chemical
· Joe Brown; Seattle, WA; Unified Grocers
· Ruben Gomez; Phoenix, AZ; Freeport McMoRan
· Larry Druckamiller; Ft. Wayne, IN; Bulk Earth Product Customers
· Bryan Holland; Birmingham, AL; O’Neal Steel
Ruan, an 81-year-old transportation management company headquartered in Des Moines, IA, began the search for its Driver of the Year when 150 drivers from Ruan’s 233 locations were named Region Finalists based on length of service, safety and driving records and exceptional customer service.
Ruan’s region vice presidents then narrowed the field further to these 14 Region Winners. The Region Winners and their guests will travel to Des Moines in July for three days of special events, and one of the 14 Region Winners, as selected by Ruan’s senior leadership team, will be honored as the 2012 Driver of the Year on July 17.
Ruan drivers are dedicated to continually improving the service that valued customers receive and deserve. Drivers are assigned to individual shippers, so they handle the same type of equipment and cargo on every run, allowing them to become experts about their freight and their customers.
“These professional drivers represent our safest and most dedicated team members and have earned the respect and admiration of the entire Ruan team,” said Ruan President and CEO Steve Chapman. “We look forward to celebrating this distinguished group in July during Ruan’s Founder’s Days, an ideal time to recognize the individuals who best embody our company’s long-held values of dedication, integrity, safety and superior service—just like our founder, John Ruan.”
Founded in 1932, Ruan is a family owned transportation management company, providing dedicated contract carriage, logistics management and warehouse management solutions to customers across the country. With more than 80 years of transportation management experience, Ruan is one of the top 10 privately owned transportation service companies in the country. Ruan endows the World Food Prize, the foremost international award recognizing excellence and progress in overcoming global food production and distribution challenges. For more information about Ruan, visit www.ruan.com.