Cooking With Locals: Julie Tomlinson Riekhof
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WCBI) – For today’s “Cooking With Locals” segment, our local cook is Julie Tomlinson Riekhof. The wife and mother of three is a Zumba instructor as well as the co-owner of Snap Fitness Gym in Starkville. Her featured recipe of the day is a quick and easy White Bean Chili with Chicken.
White Bean Chili With Chicken:
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 4oz. can of green chiles, drained
– 2 teaspoons of cumin
– 3 15oz cans of great northern beans, drained
– 1 can of chicken broth
– 1 1/2 cups of chopped chicken breast
– shredded Monterrey jack cheese, sour cream, corn chips
– In skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until clear. Add chiles, flour and cumin. cook and stir for 2 minutes.
– Add beans, chicken broth to onion mixture and bring to boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
– Add chicken and cook until hot.
– At serving, garnish with sour cream, cheese and corn chips if desired.