0 Comments for this article
[bitsontherun ovV1DMaf]

Oktibbeha County, Miss. (WCBI) – An elderly Oktibbeha County woman was rescued by volunteer firefighters Friday evening.

East Oktibbeha Firefighters say the blaze occurred at a Blackjack Road home, just after 5 PM.

The blaze started on the stove and destroyed the kitchen.

The woman was trapped in a bedroom and trying to escape when crews arrived on the scene.

“They saw her hanging out the back window of the house and four of them (firefighters) got her out and got her to safety, and checked her over and made sure she was okay,” said East Oktibbeha Fire Chief Greg Ball.

The woman was not injured and was home alone when the fire started.

Comment on this Story

Related News

13 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Starkville Family Escapes Fiery Flames
Read More»
15 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
VIDEO: MSU Athletes Give Back To Their Community
Read More»
16 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
VIDEO: Future Paralegals Get A Feel Of The Courtroom
Read More»