0 Comments for this article
[bitsontherun 5ZCZzaXq]

ABERDEEN, Miss. (WCBI) – A house fire claims the life of an Aberdeen man Friday morning.

The call came in around 10:20 of a home billowing of smoke. According to Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley, 36 year old Edward Leshawn Walker was pronounced dead at the scene.

Aberdeen Fire Department along with Aberdeen Police responded to the blaze. When firefighters entered the home at 103 Century Drive, Walker was found in the bedroom bathroom. He was pulled to safety but paramedics were unable to revive him. Walker was staying with a friend but was the only one home at the time.

State Fire Marshals are conducting an investigation. It appears Walker died of smoke inhalation.

Related News