State Farm Reports More Than 1,069 Claims Across Mississippi
TUPELO, Miss. (Press Release) — State Farm, reports more than 1,069 home and auto claims connected to this week’s tornado outbreak. The company says it has extra resources in impacted communities making contact with storm victims and beginning the claim process. Storm damage victims are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent further damage and to save their receipts for the possible reimbursement of expenses. State Farm policyholders can call their agent or 1-(800)-SF-CLAIM (1-800-732-5246) in order to report damage. They can also visit www.statefarm.com.
Additional Helpful Information for Storm Victims:
- Work with your insurance agent or claims adjuster to fully understand the claims process.
- Choose a reputable roofing contractor. Look for a licensed or bonded roofer and request references. Not all jurisdictions require licensing of roofing contractors. Ask to see certificates of insurance to be sure both liability and workers compensation insurance coverage is carried, and are in force during the time the roofing work is being done.
- You may also contact your local Better Business Bureau or the National Roofing Contractors Association for assistance in locating a professional contractor in a specific geographic area.
- If anyone visits your home without an appointment and professes to represent your insurer, or to be there at the request of your insurer, ask for identification and contact your insurer to confirm before allowing access.
- State Farm customers who have reported a loss can expect to be contacted by a claim representative who will review your policy and explain your coverage, outline the claim process and answer questions.
Leave a Reply