0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun VSNiAD5a]

NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WCBI) — Noxubee County High School students have been evacuated this morning after someone turned a gas valve on in the school’s science lab.

Schools Superintendent Kevin Jones tells WCBI the gas smell started filtering through the building before the source was discovered. About a dozen students had allergic or asthmatic reactions and had to be taken to Noxubee general Hospital for treatment.

The students were evacuated to the nearby middle school according to the district’s emergency evacuation plan.

The fire department has evaluated the building and found it safe.

School officials are waiting for all the gas to clear before returning students to class.

Jones says if parents are concerned, they can come see their children or pick them up. Or the students can remain at school.

Comment on this Story

Related News

ba7a3bf044df43628aba29d532266587-1
9 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: Noxubee Grad Jones Leads Kemper County To First State Title
Read More»
80143b8fee9945f7952cd7cfc3dccadb-1
9 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Video: Ole Miss Rebounds With Win Over Memphis, 85-77
Read More»
news-default1-old
9 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Shelter Pets
Read More»