0 Comments for this article

By Adam Armour

Itawamba360.com

Two-year-old Gabriel Wiggington is being treated at a burn center in Georgia after reportedly suffering second and third degree burns to more than 60 percent of his body.

According to Kirk Reese with the Mantachie Fire Department, firemen responded to a call from a home on Peck Road in the Shiloh Community at around 6:30 p.m., where Wiggington’s grandfather was reportedly burning the gasoline out of a gas tank when the accident occurred. Believing the fire to be extinguished, Wiggington’s grandfather turned the tank on its side, spilling flames atop the child.

Wiggington was initially carried to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo via ambulance but was then transferred to the Georgia treatment facility.

Officials are still investigating the fire.

Comment on this Story

Related News

italy-earthquake-girl-rescue-ap-16237763969814-39ba3dc2295f882f5e2dcd540637ea18e00b3743
19 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Death toll soars in Italy amid race to find quake survivors
Read More»
news-default1-old
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
Student Athlete of the Week 08-25-16
Read More»
news-default1-old
2 hours ago
0 Comments for this article
Morning Weather Update 08-25-16
Read More»