0 Comments for this article

TUPELO, MISS. (WCBI) – A Tupelo homeowner says a lightning strike from Wednesday evening’s storms sparked a fire at his house.

It was around 11 pm Wednesday when firefighters were called to 1022 Marquette Street.

It took firefighters about ten minutes to extinguish the blaze, which witnesses say started in the laundry room.

Three people inside the house say they believe a lightning strike caused the fire.

“All I know, lightning struck and everything went off. We all was like on the floor, looking around to see what happened and was looking around the house to see where the fire was coming from and it came from the laundry room, it was getting bigger and bigger. We was trying to put it out, so we called 9 1 1 and they told us to leave, so we had to leave,” said Tenerious Montgomery.

Luckily, everyone got out of the house safely.  If you would like to know how to help the Montgomery family, call 662 231 6640 or 662 322 6819.


Related News