0 Comments for this article

[bitsontherun mgXjEXq9]

OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WCBI)-An Oktibbeha County man escapes his burning home with barely the clothes on his back. The blaze happened late Saturday night around nine on Lindsey Lane. When Oktibbeha County Firefighters arrived on the scene, Milton Hall’s mobile home was totally engulfed by flames. But not before he escaped after hearing his smoke detector go off while he was in his bathroom. The electrical fire is believed to have started in the wall of the trailer.

“Taking a bath I heard the smoke detector go off. And I got out of the tub. And when I looked on the wall, the fire had gotten out of hand,” said Milton Hall, Fire Victim.

“Very hopeful that everybody has a smoke detector in their home as well as have a little bit of a drill to know what to do in case of a fire,” said Kirk Rosenhan, Oktibbeha County Fire Coordinator.

The Oktibbeha County Fire Department has free 10 year battery smoke detectors from the US Fire Marshal’s office that are available to the public.

Comment on this Story

Related News

1472557491-6febff1791c1a0ce4807780134c5f5134d394c02
27 mins ago
0 Comments for this article
Kim Jong-un May Have Executed An Official For Falling Asleep
Read More»
1472557573-720650564bfc7b97881b2dc0dbf6f328f7779248
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
European Commission Orders Apple To Pay $14.5 Billion
Read More»
news-default1-old
1 hour ago
0 Comments for this article
Birthday Bunch 8/30/16
Read More»