OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WCBI) – Some residents from the Pointe Apartments will be displaced due to a close call.
East Oktibbeha County Firefighters responded to the call just before four Friday morning. Upon arrival firefighters found heavy smoke billowing from one of the apartments.
Thanks to a fire sprinkler the blaze was quickly extinguished. Firefighters say, the fire started from a stove and engulfed the cabinets directly above the stove.
Extensive smoke and water damage was done through out both floors of the apartment building.