COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has assessed severe weather damage reports from 25 counties.
As of Monday afternoon, there are 9,169 power outages statewide, with most of the outages in Bolivar, DeSoto, Sunflower, and Washington counties.
The following damage reports serve only as initial assessments from the county emergency management offices and can change (either higher or lower) as MEMA receives additional reports and assessments.
Initial damage reports for Northeast Mississippi counties (assessments ongoing)
- Chickasaw – one home damaged, 10 roads damaged
- Choctaw – 26 apartment units damaged, 10 roads closed due to debris, two closed due to flooding
- Lee – homes damaged, roads flooded
- Monroe – one home damaged, 10 apartment units damaged, 15 roads close
- Oktibbeha – 30 roads closed and/or flooded
- Prentiss – 54 homes damaged, five apartments damaged
- Tishomingo – three homes damaged, three roads closed
- Webster – three homes damaged, 15 roads closed
The public is encouraged to report damage to homes or businesses to their county emergency management office.
For a full list of damage in the state, click here.